I’m always looking for quick, easy recipes, and I found this one in a cookbook my grandma sent me last year. These are super fast to whip up in the morning, and they freeze well if you’re so inclined. They’re also very basic and can be tailored with a multitude of additives and toppings.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 3/4 cup flour (If you’re so inclined, you can sub the 3/4 cup with whole wheat flour)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional Add-Ins- I suggest raisins, chocolate chips, or dried fruit. You can top these with things like Nutela or cinnamon and sugar.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the applesauce and eggs, and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and add-ins, then mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin tin with cupcake papers. Fill each paper 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees, until golden brown and not wiggly.
- Top with your chosen topping and dig in!