I know- I’ve been gone for a long time. All I can say is sorry, and that morning sickness doesn’t just happen in the first trimester around these parts.
So what’s new?
- I delivered a beautiful 8 pound baby girl into this world in early July. She arrived just one day before Little Man’s birthday, so I can officially say that (for one day at least) I’ve had two kids under the age of 2. She is now 2 1/2 months old and has since grown from 8 pounds to 14 pounds, plopping her in the 99th percentile for weight (????).
- Hubby was all set to get out of the Marines when he went for his final physical, where the Corpsman didn’t like the way his knee kept popping. They sent him for an MRI, and hey presto! he got a med hold put on his paperwork and had knee surgery earlier this week. We still don’t have an updated date for him getting out.
- We paid off our high interest debt! This was mostly thanks to selling Hubby’s truck (which we bought not even thinking about the fact that it was 2 wheel drive and we would eventually be returning to Wyoming. In our defense, we didn’t think we would be going back home any time soon). We also have been plugging away steadily at our car payments.
- We’ve made the slightly irrational decision to purge ourselves of all our extra crap and live in a tiny house (built on a cargo trailer) while Hubby goes to college in Arizona. We have a year and not a lot of money to build this house, so we’ll see what we can do!
- We’ve also decided that since Hubby is going to be recovering from knee surgery, I’ll be going to work while he stays home with the kids. I’m scared and excited all at once!
Promise I’ll be more active in the coming months.